- 1 kg ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 small green pepper, de-seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 small red pepper, de-seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 250ml-500ml water
- 125 ml olive oil
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
1. Place the tomatoes, green pepper, red pepper, carrots, onion and garlic in a food processor or blender. Add the water, adjusting the amount depending on the consistency you require. You may need to do the processing in two batches.
2. Blend the vegetables and water until well-processed. Pass the liquidized vegetables through a sieve and return to the rinsed-out food processor.
3. With the food processor running, add the salt and the olive oil in a thin, steady stream. Add the red vinegar and mix in. Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning.
4. Transfer the gazpacho soup to a serving dish. Cover and chill until serving, ideally overnight.
5. Serve the chilled gazpacho with the cucumber, onion, hard-boiled egg, croutons and green pepper garnish, each served in separate ramekins or little bowls.